Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mom's Latest Projects


I think my mom is turning into a one woman sweatshop.

Last week I called her to see if she could make a jacket to go with a dress I’m wearing in May and a few links patterns I found online. Mom called me back a few minutes later and said they looked pretty easy and she could do it, in fact she was running up to Joann’s and the patterns were on sale. (For those of you who don’t know, mom has all the craft store sale fliers memorized and phone calls inevitably start with, “I’m at Hobby Lobby/Joann’s/Michael’s, and they’re having a sale on their (insert item here).”

But I digress.

So Sunday I told her Steph and I were meeting at her house to go shopping and I’d drop the material off then. I picked the most outrageous, fluffy black fabric I could find with a warning from the sales girl: tell your mom this fabric is messy. When I showed up with said items in hand I told mom before I showed her the fabric she needed to keep an open mind – she showed very little surprise and said, “Actually, that’s about what I expected from you.” *smile*

Fast forward to an Express dressing room later that day – Steph wanted a cute, black blouse for work but it had a broken zipper and we couldn’t find any others on the sale rack. After much struggling I told Steph to call mom and see if she could replace it. So now mom has two more projects (on top of hemming my Juicy Couture pants courtesy Stephanie’s Charitable Contributions to Little Sister with No Clothes).

I think we’re probably supposed to start paying her soon but such is the price of having two girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment