Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fun at IKEA




Well we really have to hand it to TJ.

Maegan and I shrieked and poured over EVERY detail in the Houston Ikea looking for things for her house. I think he exaggerated a little when he said that I would point something out, then Maegan would drag me into another room and point the next thing out, and then we’d drag TJ into the last room to point out the same thing we’d pointed out several rooms back. I suppose going through that store can be like moving two steps forward and one step back but we had a lot of things to look at. Like critical things.

What can really be said for it? I am a hopelessly interested in all things household related – redecorating, flooring, refurbishing furniture, etc. I can go to stores like that a million times and never get tired of imagining the possibilities – certainly it doesn’t help to go with someone equally interested and excited about everything they have. By the time we left the store Maegan and I had pledged to get the same bed, make the same bookshelf headboard, hang the same chandeliers, curtain panels, mirrors....you get the idea.
But come on, it’s going to be so super cute! And now when we stay at Maegan’s it will be just like home. Perks!

Oops, I almost posted this blog without explaining the picture but maybe there isn’t a logical explanation. When you go to Ikea and you’re pumped up, you naturally grab everyone in your caravan and take a picture in the model shower. It could have been worse, we had enough dignity not to pile onto the toilet at the same time.

I’m also including a picture of the bookcase Maegan bought in black brown for her dining room – it matches the furniture she has in there already! We were so excited, after getting Arby’s we ran home and made TJ put it together while we got onto http://www.ikea.com/. My sister has the same bookcase in pine – it’s so versatile and with clean, intricate lines - I love that store. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment