Monday, January 11, 2010

What I'm Reading


I'm not good at updating the blog like Steph so I'm going to have to pick up the pace. I'm about to be computer-less at home for about two weeks so most of the pictures that need to be taken off the camera will have to wait - I have lots to update on though - weekends, adventures, and lots of interior design. The bathroom has been painted and I'm adding touches to it all the time, I can't wait for the online unveiling as the end result is crisp and girlie. Photos will be coming soon I hope!


In the meantime - beause I love to read I've often thought of keeping a book journal. I'm going to try that out right before your very eyes on this blog. I'm currently reading The Lovely Bones, the movie comes out in January so I'm trying to get it read before the release and before it's due back at the library. I saw the trailer for it at the New Moon premiere and my sister and I thought it looked REALLY good. We're both reading the book now, in fact I think we're keeping pace with each other. It's worth reading for all the bookworms out there. I don't want to spoil anything but I'll say briefly it's about a girl that was murdered in 1976 and she's watching her family from heaven (or what I think is Purgatory) and trying to give them clues. It's a very layered story. I wouldn't say it's a difficult read but you have to pay attention to every sentence - I think it's taken me longer to read than normal because I'll move onto the next page and see something written that makes me aware I've missed something key. So then I have to go back and reread. Subtle. That's probably the best way to describe it.


Anyway, more soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment