Thursday, January 14, 2010

New, hilarious, must-read book


I finished The Lovely Bones and I don't think I want to spoil it for anyone but like my sister I agree that the end was a little bit of a letdown and that the family's grief - particularly her sister Lindsay's - was oversimplified. And I don't want to say too much but one of my favorite parts involved her childhood dog (of course), Holiday.


Anyway so last night we went to Barnes and Nobles so TJ could use the gift card his mom gave him for Christmas - fun fun! He got a sci-fi book by Robert Jordan though I can't remember the title. We had to drop by the library to return our books and I checked out a few vegetarian cookbooks and I scored Skinny Bitch! Hilarious. I was laughing to myself in the tub while reading it - next I want to get the recipe book but it was checked out. The authors are vegetarian but I think anyone could benefit from the book, it's pretty motivational and funny. Next time I'll get Skinny Bitch in the Kitch if it's not checked out still, it looked really good and I'm curious about the receipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment